You are a highly motivated person who loves front-end development? You want to use your expertise for the benefit of society and the environment by developing open, non-profit applications in the field of climate action, smart mobility and humanitarian aid? Then we actually might have a suitable and interesting job for you!
HeiGIT gGmbH is a non-profit company aiming at technology transfer and applied research in the area of geoinformatics for the benefit of society and the environment. To this end, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Front-End Developer to help create attractive front- end solutions for our products. Your focus of work will be within HeiGIT’s climate action projects, but collaboration and exchange with other groups and topics like humanitarian aid will also be part of it. If you want a challenge in highly relevant research and development projects HeiGIT is the place for you, as the result of your work will have a direct impact on how the climate action platform will be served to our partners and customers.
Your tasks are related to
- Participation in building the front-end application for HeiGIT’s climate action platform
- Enabling smooth access to users willing to use geospatial data to help change and adjust their communities to upcoming challenges caused by a changing climate
- Providing intuitive access to the results computed in the platform
- Creation of the user interface
- Integration of the back-end with machine learning and analytic pipelines.
Close collaboration and communication with team members & stakeholders is your favorite way of working. Your in-depth knowledge of your favorite language and tools will be valued, but you’ll also be expected to help with whatever the team needs to work towards its goal.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in software development
- Fluent in contemporary HTML/CSS
- Excellent knowledge of one of the leading JS frameworks: Angular (preferred), Vue.js, or React
- Solid understanding of TypeScript
- Capability of cross-browser development
- Experience in making responsive applications
- Solid experience in state-of-the-art software engineering
- Able to produce clean, testable and maintainable code
- Knowledge of back-end development for web applications
- Basic knowledge of geoscience, geoinformatics and web mapping
- Proficient in English (spoken and written)
- An attractive position (100%, part time possible if preferred) in an interdisciplinary team in a highly dynamic and growing area with real world impact on society and the environment.
- Flexible working hours and 30 days of paid vacation.
- Extensive social benefits, such as company pension scheme, job ticket, job bike, and additional health care benefits.
HeiGIT gGmbH is cooperating closely with the GIScience Research Group at Heidelberg University, which is member of the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR) and funding member the Heidelberg Center for the Environment (HCE) at Heidelberg University. We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment with many personal development opportunities. The place of work is Heidelberg. All HeiGIT employees can, in agreement with the
rest of the team, work remote up to half of their time. HeiGIT receives core funding by the Klaus Tschira Foundation (KTS).
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and for administrative reasons initially limited to 4 years – with the option of sustainable extension. Please send your application including CV, certificates, references, etc. in digital form as PDF as soon as possible to email@example.com. If you have a portfolio to share (e.g. a site that you worked on, ideally with open code), that is also very welcome.
Please note our data protection information for applicants.