Do you want to use your management and research expertise for the benefit of society and the environment? Do you want to support HeiGIT to improve the availability and quality of geodata and to further develop geoinformatics methods that are used for open, non-profit applications in the areas of sustainability, mobility and humanitarian aid? This is our mission!
HeiGIT gGmbH is a research-oriented, non-profit start-up with the goals of technology transfer and applied research in the field of geoinformatics. We work in particular in non-profit areas such as humanitarian aid or other topics for the benefit of society and the environment. Areas of application include humanitarian aid and disaster management, sustainable mobility or free applications as well as open data products to support sustainability and climate action. To strengthen management activities in HeiGIT, we are looking as soon as possible for a
Senior Science Manager
Innovation & Research Manager (m, f, d), 100%, unlimited
Your tasks are in close cooperation with the existing management team in the cross-departmental further development, initiation and implementation of new research projects and activities in all groups and subject areas of the HeiGIT gGmbH. These should improve or enable the open, non-profit applications and new innovative geodata products of HeiGIT for the benefit of society or the environment. The focus is on the following topics and tasks:
- Strategic conception of new R&D activities, services, projects and applications as well as open geodata products based on OpenStreetMap, Open Geodata and user-generated geodata from Citizen Science and Social Web, especially in the areas of humanitarian aid, environment & health, sustainability & mobility & disaster management & spatial data quality.
- Interface between research and development activities of HeiGIT gGmbH and external partners such as NGOs, citizen science groups, science, business and administration
- Close cooperation with and support of the management of HeiGIT gGmbH
- Order and project acquisition in a national and international environment
- Operational project management (coordination and administration)
- Support of knowledge and innovation management as well as technology transfer between the teams in HeiGIT and the scientists of the GIScience Research Group at Heidelberg University
- Communication and presentation internally and with external partners and users
- a team-oriented, highly motivated senior scientist
- Several years of experience in project acquisition and management (national / international)
- Cooperation in interdisciplinary teams (especially geography & computer science, as well as other disciplines)
- Broad and deep knowledge of diverse R&D funding organizations and opportunities (national, international)
- Experience in one or more of the named application domains for the benefit of society and the environment, ideally management experience
- An above-average university degree or doctorate
- Interest in working at the interface between science and requirements from practice with implementation for various user groups (e.g. requirements from aid organizations, environmental organizations, government agencies, scientists & citizens, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (German & English)
- German language skills preferred (communication with national funding organizations and authorities)
We offer an attractive, prominent position (up to 100%, unlimited) in an interdisciplinary team in a highly dynamic and growing field at the interface between applied research and practical application for the benefit of society and the environment. As an affiliated institute of Heidelberg University, HeiGIT gGmbH works closely with the GIScience Research Group of Heidelberg University, which is a member of the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR) and the Heidelberg Center for the Environment (HCE) at the Heidelberg University of Excellence. We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary environment with many opportunities for personal development in one of the most livable cities in Germany. HeiGIT receives basic funding from the Klaus Tschira Foundation (KTS), Heidelberg.
The position should be filled permanently as soon as possible.
Please send your detailed application with a CV, certificates, references, etc. as soon as possible – digitally to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to your application!